Friday, June 29, 2012

These Boots Were Made For Walking...




The signs were all there – the traffic chaos on the roads; the full carpark and the distinct lack of shopping trolleys. I should have realised earlier and aborted my mission...

But no, I chose to plough on ahead and visit the great Toy Sale of 2012. Having survived with only a slight back strain, I now pass on my wisdom to others wanting to conquer these sales…




    1. Don’t take your children! Despite the name, the toy sales are no place for children. Serious shoppers have no time for children and will show no mercy if you have brought yours along…


    2. Do bring your own trolley. Because when you discover there are no trolleys, you will be forced to cart your purchases around the store like a well-trained (or not, as the case may be) donkey.






    3. Do wear your walking shoes. There is no rhyme or reason for the location of toys in these sales. You will be forced to do lap upon lap of the store (while carrying your purchases on your back) until you find the damn toy in the first place you looked.






    4. Do pack your manners! There is no need to drop the F bomb because someone stops their trolley in front of you (as my friend learnt the hard way!).


    5. Do take a ute to bring home your purchases. Because despite your best intentions to layby, the length of the layby queue will send you running to the checkout, just to get the hell out of there!







Leanne :)


What’s your craziest shopping experience?


4 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh, that blasted Target Toy Sale ! I went last Saturday without my family and remembered thinking it was the best thing I did. I saw all these other distressed parents trying to control their kids...not fun.
    Glad to hear you survived it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grace! Yeah, I'm very glad that I went without my 2 kids too. It was bad enough on my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand the madness that is mothers at a toy sale! You sold think you can never buy toys again!
    I went but did it early in the morning and it wasn't too bad at all.
    This year at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's crazy, isn't it? The sales are on for 2 weeks and I have found some of the so-called 'sale prices' are their normal price anyway.
    Glad ur experience was a good one this year, Jess! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...