Friday, May 11, 2012

Things I Never Thought I Would Say Before I Had Kids...




     
  1. 'Hmmm... is that spew or poo on my shirt?' This pearler came when my youngest was a newborn and it wasn't until after I had dropped my son off at kindy that I noticed the stain on my shirt. And yes, in case you're wondering, it was poo!!
  2. 'Yay! It's stopped raining. Now I can do some washing!' Yes, those words did come out of my mouth one morning after a few days of straight rain.
  3. 'Here, play with Mummy's Iphone.' This one was said to my 1 year old. Uh huh…. Keeps him quiet for ages! I have even downloaded some apps just for him. 
  4. 'Tell me you did not just wee on the carpet again!' My darling 14 month old has a habit of waiting until his nappy is off before weeing on the carpet. Well, at least it's better than weeing on the tiles cause then someone inevitably slips over in it and that someone is usually me...
  5. 'Wow! I just slept in till 7am!' With a 4 year old and a 1 year old, 7am counts as a sleep in these days. 
  6. 'Is that an egg ring on my bedroom floor?!' Sure is…. My little man likes to pull everything out of the kitchen drawers and then drag it all around the house. It's all fun and games until Mummy needs her colander to drain the pasta...
  7. 'Has anyone seen my toothbrush?' Every morning we play Hide and Seek with our toothbrushes because my 1 year old likes to carry them around the house and leave them in strange places for us to find. We now have spare toothbrushes, which is all well and good, until he hides them too.
  8. 'Please don't put Mummy's toothbrush in the toilet!' The toilet is such a great play thing when you are 1. It even comes with blue water to play in! My little man likes to combine his obsession with toothbrushes and the toilet and throw them in there. What I really should have said was, 'Here, have Daddy's instead…' J
Leanne :)


What things have you said since having kids that you never thought you would hear yourself say?



2 comments:

  1. Running late for swimming the other week, I quickly looked in the cupboard for something to feed my 3 year old to get him through, until we could have breakfast when we got home from swimming. The only thing I could find was a packet of biscuits. While I had the cupboard open he spied a packet of lollies and asked for some. I found myself saying "No you can't have lollies for breakfast. Now hurry up and eat your biscuits".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it! Sounds like something I would say... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...